What is a 3D/4D Ultrasound and are they safe?
Published on, 10 Dec, 2014
3D is a still image, while 4D adds the dimension of motion so it looks like a video.
3D and 4D ultrasounds use the same frequency as your doctor uses in the normal 2D ultrasound. Ultrasounds have been used for over 35 years and there have been no proven side effects from its proper use. We strictly adhere to the FDA’s standards. Most doctors recommend maintaining a healthy fluid intake, especially while you are pregnant. This will help to ensure your amniotic fluid is clear, as well as full. There are many things out of the technician’s control, such as – the baby’s position, the mother’s skin type and build and the amount of amniotic fluid. Our goal is to provide an awesome experience for you and your family. Here are a few things you can do to help:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment, if possible, to complete your paperwork.
- If you are bringing family make sure they are all on time (everybody has one that is chronically late!) ☺
- We suggest you drink plenty of water, even days before the appointment, to ensure that your amniotic fluid is clear.
- About a half hour before your 3D/4D ultrasound scan, try to drink a fruit juice so that your baby will be awake during your session (unless you are told not to by your physician).
- Most of all relax and enjoy the show!
Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to be a part of this joyous occasion!
Carla Glover, Owner